Department: Test Development
Reports to: Director of Test Development
Direct reports: ELL Reviewers
Status: Salaried, exempt
Purpose of the position: The ESL Specialist will provide English Language Development expertise for all tasks and deliverables associated with the development of assessments for K–12 and adult English language learners (ELLs).
- Provide ESL perspective and expertise for a variety of test development tasks and deliverables including, but not limited to
- Development item specification documents
- Develop training materials for, and conduct, passage and item writer training
- Review, edit, and revise passages and items during development
- Develop, review, edit, and revise content, form construction, and layout of tests and related materials
- Conduct internal and external test material reviews to verify that materials are appropriate for assessing ELLs
- Manage the ESL consultants acting as passage and item reviewers: train, assign consultants to review materials, and monitor workloads
- Facilitate item review meetings with local educators, ensuring material quality and appropriateness for ELLs
- Participate in client meetings and phone calls, including preparation of meeting materials as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Test Development, contributing to the planning of item and test development schedules and activities, as well as tracking of project progress/completion
- Recommend educators with ENL background and experience to act as passage and item writers and ESL reviewers
- Contribute to writing project proposals and RFI/RFP responses
- Master’s degree in ESL, TESOL, Linguistics, or other English language development field
- Experience teaching English learners
- Test development experience (educational testing/assessment industry)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and time management skills
- Facilitation skills including leading discussions, resolving issues, and achieving consensus
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Ability to occasionally travel for meetings with clients
Location: This is an in-person position in our office at 4106 Fieldstone Road, Champaign, IL. Some work from home time may be possible, depending on project and company needs.
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
MetriTech, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard for race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by law.